Friday, March 27, 2009

Ironic Crafts - The Limits of Cozies

They are at it yet again. Cozies. On everything.

First it was rocks. They tried to trick us and called it crochet. But I knew. I knew it was a cozy. Now even design*sponge admits this is a cozy. They have a baby bottle cozy. Of course in my case since my children thought bottles were the devil the equivalent cozy was my cashmere sweater. But I understand bottle cozies. You need to keep the bottle warm. Although the thought of sticky milk or formula mixed with crochet does not make me feel too warm or fuzzy. Only sticky.

Sources, clockwise from upper left: design*sponge, design*sponge, for me for you

But now they are cozying clocks. Don’t they know that time is cold? Time doesn’t care one whit for crochet. You can’t cute up time, make it into a bunny, add some spring flowers and a fey frond or two. Time is not cozy. DIY all you want you cannot DIY immortality. Although the God in which I do not believe knows the human race can’t be stopped from trying.

Source: design*sponge

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would you consider the venerable crocheted covers for toilet paper to be cozies? I've always found those really disturbing.

March 27, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger LPC said...

Yes, you have to wonder, what are we cozing the toilet paper for? To cuddle them in preparation for the horrors to come?

March 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love this.

April 1, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

I thoroughly enjoy your comments. If you find this form is broken, my apologies. Please email me and I will rage against the machine.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home